08 Sep Will my Chapter 13 Case be Dismissed if my Spouse Files for Divorce
What happens to your confirmed Chapter 13 plan if your spouse decides to file for divorce? Will the divorce filing trigger an automatic dismissal? Do you have to report this change to the court? Is it possible to change your plan payment to reflect your new financial reality?
In this video, Jonathan Ginsberg explains that while divorce may complicate your Chapter 13 plan, there is no reason why you cannot remain in bankruptcy with a modified plan, and end up with a discharge.
Jonathan Ginsberg, Esq.
Latest posts by Jonathan Ginsberg, Esq. (see all)
- Why Nothing Good Comes from Pro Se Bankruptcy Filings - June 6, 2018
- How Cognitive Biases Can Drive You Into Bankruptcy - April 9, 2018
- Are We Seeing a Return to Debtors’ Prisons? - March 6, 2018
- Why Surrendering Your Car or House in a Chapter 13 May Create Unexpected Problems - February 6, 2018
- How Bankruptcy Exemptions Work - November 6, 2017