14 Oct Who are the Chapter 12 Bankruptcy Judge and Trustees in Kansas?
Kansas has farm bankruptcy cases known as chapter 12 bankruptcies. Who are the judge and trustees who are assigned to work on the chapter 12 bankruptcy cases in Kansas?
The Hon. Dale L. Somers, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, hears all the chapter 12 bankruptcy cases in Kansas. His chambers are in the Frank Carlson Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse, 444 SE Quincy, Topeka, Kansas. He travels to hear chapter 12 cases in Kansas City, KS, and Wichita.
The Kansas chapter 12 trustees are private individuals, not government employees, who are appointed by the U.S. Trustee for Region 20 to administer the chapter 12 cases. Both Kansas chapter 12 trustees are attorneys who also serve as chapter 7 trustees and who represent debtors, creditors and trustees in cases they do not serve as trustee.
Chapter 12 bankruptcy trustees in Kansas are:
Edward J. Nazar, Redmond & Nazar, LLP, 245 N. Waco, Ste 402, Wichita, KS 67204, tel: 316-262-8361, fax: 316-263-0610, and
Eric C. Rajala, Law Offices of Eric C. Rajala, 11900 College Boulevard, Suite 341, Overland Park, KS 66210, tel: 913-339-9806, fax: 913-339-6695.
Latest posts by Jill Michaux (see all)
- Last Day to Comment on New Chapter 13 Plan, Petition, Schedules, Means Test, Bankruptcy Rules Changes - February 17, 2014
- Does Chapter 13 Mean Paying All Creditors Back? It Could Be Zero to Unsecured Claims - June 18, 2013
- Random Bankruptcy Audits Stopped - April 24, 2013
- What’s Baseball Got to Do with Bankruptcy? - March 31, 2013
- Bankruptcy Code Dollar Figures Raised 6.3% for Inflation - February 21, 2013