30 Oct Where Do I File Bankruptcy Near Houston, Texas?
If you reside in one of the counties listed below, you must file your bankruptcy case in the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division, located at 515 Rusk Street, Houston, Texas 77002:
The Local Rules for the Southern District of Texas require cases to be filed in the division of the debtor’s “principal location”. Absent good cause, the case will be transferred by the court or by motion of a party of the bankruptcy to the proper division if the case is filed in the wrong division. For instance, if you live in Houston and file your case in Galveston, the Court can transfer your case back to Houston. (Local Rule 1002(b)) The Southern District of Texas has seven divisions – Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Laredo, McAllen, and Victoria.
View Larger Map
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- What To Do If You Are a Creditor In a Bankruptcy? - March 24, 2015
- Your House Is In Foreclosure: What Should You Do? Part Two - April 4, 2014
- Your House is in Foreclosure: What Should You Do? - February 3, 2014
- Why Is My Bankruptcy Taking So Long? - December 3, 2013