13 Oct What is a Garageman’s Lien?
In Massachusetts a garageman’s lien creates a lien in a car in favor of a company who has public garages for the storage, care, or repair of cars when a car is put there with the consent of its owner. The lien is for “proper charges” for work upon or in connection with the inspection, reconditioning, repairing, and/or storage of the car. M.G.L. c. 255, § 25.
Nicholas Ortiz, Boston Bankruptcy Attorney
Latest posts by Nicholas Ortiz, Boston Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Bankruptcy and Arrest Warrants - August 23, 2013
- Massachusetts Mortgage 150-Day Right to Cure and Bankruptcy - July 23, 2013
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Gains Attention of U.S. Trustee - June 23, 2013
- What is a Prepackaged Chapter 11 Bankruptcy? - May 23, 2013
- Marital Adjustment Allowed to Set Commitment Period - April 25, 2013