08 Sep US Trustee Adopts New Bankruptcy Income Guidelines
New median income figures for bankruptcy means testing were adopted today by the Executive Office of the U.S. Trustee as expected. The new guidelines apply to consumer bankruptcy cases filed starting October 1, 2008.
Read more about the bankruptcy means test. Past income is the correct measure of chapter 13 payments according to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals by Cathy Moran of Mountain View, CA. The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that IRA withdrawals don’t count as income for the means test, Wendell Sherk of St. Louis, MO, reports.Brett Weiss discusses filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy for over median income debtors.
Latest posts by Jill Michaux (see all)
- Last Day to Comment on New Chapter 13 Plan, Petition, Schedules, Means Test, Bankruptcy Rules Changes - February 17, 2014
- Does Chapter 13 Mean Paying All Creditors Back? It Could Be Zero to Unsecured Claims - June 18, 2013
- Random Bankruptcy Audits Stopped - April 24, 2013
- What’s Baseball Got to Do with Bankruptcy? - March 31, 2013
- Bankruptcy Code Dollar Figures Raised 6.3% for Inflation - February 21, 2013