03 Oct Top 10 Tax Records To Keep
Here is a list of the top 10 types of documents you should keep for tax purposes.
Proof of income can be established by a W-2 form or a 1099.
Bank account statements and credit card statements show a history of account transactions.
Invoices and payment receipts and canceled checks show how much is owed and who was paid.
Housing closing statements and insurance documents and prior tax returns round out the list.
This list is based on recommendations from the Internal Revenue Service that was published on Bankrate.com.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- Why does the IRS file liens? And what you can do about one. - September 21, 2018
- Social Security Income: Invisible Money Bankruptcy Cannot Touch. - December 19, 2016
- What can and cannot be included on a credit report? - December 21, 2015
- Use Exemptions to Protect Your Property in Bankruptcy - January 20, 2014
- A profile of the typical person who files bankruptcy - January 13, 2014