06 Dec Student Loan Resources Page
The National Consumer Law Center recently launched a web site designed to help people facing student loan problems. Many things make student loan default difficult to deal with, such as non-judicial wage garnishment, tax refund intercepts, and the general non-dischargeability of student loans in bankruptcy. The NCLC site is a good resource for people looking recover from student loan default.
According to NCLC, the site features straightforward information about everything from choosing a student loan to getting out of default and dealing with aggressive collection agencies. It also includes policy briefs, legal case studies, sample documents and promissory notes, and other valuable resources not found elsewhere on the web.
Nicholas Ortiz, Boston Bankruptcy Attorney
Latest posts by Nicholas Ortiz, Boston Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Bankruptcy and Arrest Warrants - August 23, 2013
- Massachusetts Mortgage 150-Day Right to Cure and Bankruptcy - July 23, 2013
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Gains Attention of U.S. Trustee - June 23, 2013
- What is a Prepackaged Chapter 11 Bankruptcy? - May 23, 2013
- Marital Adjustment Allowed to Set Commitment Period - April 25, 2013