02 Oct Specialized Nationwide Credit Reporting Agencies: MIB Group
Most people are familiar with the “Big Three” credit reporting agencies. Did you know that there are also specialized nationwide credit reporting agencies? These specialized nationwide credit reporting agencies are subject to the same free disclosure requirement as the “Big Three.” This post will discuss one of those agencies–MIB Group, Inc. (formerly known as Medical Information Bureau.)
MIB Group, Inc. maintains information regarding proposed insured’s medical conditions and avocations. According to MIB, its primary mission is detecting and deterring fraud that may occur in the course of obtaining life, health, disability income, critical illness, and long-term care insurance. To obtain a copy of your MIB Group consumer file, contact: 1-866-692-6901 or visit http://www.mib.com/html/request_your_record.html.
According to MIB Group, you will not have a consumer file with them if you have not applied for individually underwritten life, health, or disability income in the past seven years.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1: An Unlikely New Weapon Against Debtors - January 9, 2017
- Court Says Chapter 7 Debtor May Not Have Two Cases Pending at Same Time - December 12, 2016
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- Unsettled Question: Another Court Rules That Bankruptcy Client Worksheets Are Privileged - February 6, 2016
- Chapter 13 Debtor’s Lawsuit Tossed Out for Failure to List It in Bankruptcy Documents - January 31, 2016