24 Mar Should I Give Away My House or Other Property Before Bankruptcy?
No. I cannot even fathom a circumstance that this is acceptable. However, there are appropriate ways to protect your property prior to bankruptcy. Speak with your attorney first to make sure you are taking appropriate actions.
Remember, the bankruptcy code is complicated and there are legal ways to protect your asset before filing a bankruptcy. The money you save hiring a good bankruptcy attorney help you protect your assets and is well worth the cost of hiring a good bankruptcy attorney.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1: An Unlikely New Weapon Against Debtors - January 9, 2017
- Court Says Chapter 7 Debtor May Not Have Two Cases Pending at Same Time - December 12, 2016
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- Unsettled Question: Another Court Rules That Bankruptcy Client Worksheets Are Privileged - February 6, 2016
- Chapter 13 Debtor’s Lawsuit Tossed Out for Failure to List It in Bankruptcy Documents - January 31, 2016