28 Apr Senate Bill 61–The Time For Action Is NOW!!
The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys is calling on the public and its members to join the ranks of those working to pass Senate Bill 61, set for discussion this Thursday. Senator Durbin, the bill’s sponsor, gave an impassioned speech urging its approval.
From the NACBA site:
HEREâ€™S HOW YOU CAN HELP PASS SENATE BILL 61
(Helping Families Save Their Homes in Bankruptcy Act of 2009):
- Telephone your Senators today (during weekdays) and ask them to stand up to the banks and support S. 61. Call our toll-free line, 877.354.4958 from 9am to 6pm Eastern Time and get transferred directly to your Senatorâ€™s office in Washington DC. You will need to call a second time to get transferred to your second Senator.
- Email letters to your Senators â€“ itâ€™s quick and easy at www.nacba.org/TellCongress
- Download a flyer to distribute in your area: Click here!
- Forward a link to this page to your friends and relatives and ask them to help also www.nacba.org/S61
- Here is more detailed information about how Senate Bill 61 will help homeowners save their homes from foreclosure and save taxpayers money: Information about Senate Bill 61.
Latest posts by Karen Oakes, Esq. (see all)
- When Consumers Get Notices About A Business’s Bankruptcy — When You Are Suddenly A Creditor. - March 7, 2018
- Bankruptcy Attorney Named by Trump as Ambassador to Israel - December 23, 2016
- Truth or Consequences: The Department of Justice in Bankruptcy Court (updated for 2016) - March 5, 2016
- Honesty? Is Honesty Honestly The Best Policy In Bankruptcy? - January 22, 2016
- How to Discharge Your Student Loans In Bankruptcy! Yes, It Can Be Done! - July 25, 2015