10 Oct Procedure For Rescheduling A Missed 341 Meeting Of Creditors In The New Orleans Bankruptcy Court!
The U. S. Trustee’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana in New Orleans has a specific procedure for rescheduling a 341 Creditor’s Meeting that has been missed.
The Trustee’s Office website has a specific form that should be used to reschedule the 341 creditor’s meeting in a Chapter 7 case.
Once the motion to reschedule has been prepared, it needs to be sent to the Trustee’s Office, not the bankruptcy court clerk’s office, to obtain approval of rescheduling.
If the motion is approved, the Trustee’s Office will send an e-mail setting the new meeting date.
It is your responsibility to send notice of the rescheduled meeting to all creditors.
The procedure for rescheduling a Chapter 13 341 creditor’s meeting is slightly different.
The same form as the form used for the Chapter 7 meeting can be used as a model.
However, you must obtain dates from the Chapter 13 trustee’s office for the rescheduled meeting and then file the motion with the clerk’s office. A order needs to be e-mailed to the judge’s chambers for the approval.
Powered by ScribeFire.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013