12 Oct Pamela Stewart speaks at The People’s Law School
Pamela Stewart, a Houston/Victoria (Texas) consumer bankruptcy lawyer spoke recently about bankruptcy at The People’s Law School sponsored by The University of Houston Law Center – Center for Consumer Law.
Highlights of the session included discussion of the different chapters of bankruptcy, who is eligible to file a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the meeting of creditors that all debtors are required to attend, reaffirming debts – particularily for homes and vehicles, exempt versus non-exempt property, and the means test.
The People’s Law School is a free program focused on sharing information with the public about their legal rights and the role these rights play in their daily life. Ms. Stewart also spoke about bankruptcy at the The People’s Law School held in April.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- New Judge for Southern District of Texas – David R. Jones - August 19, 2011
- Limited Emergency Efforts to Save Homes Continue - June 30, 2011
- Why Run Your Company Into The Ground? - June 6, 2011
- New U.S. Trustee for Texas – Region 7 - October 2, 2010
- Is Chapter 13 An Option For A Small Corporation Or A Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)? - September 29, 2010