14 Jul Online Federal Tax Filing Available For Free
Most bankruptcy debtors will need to file their taxes before, or soon after, filing for bankruptcy. Click here to go to the site for Free Tax Filing site on the Internal Revenue’s website.
If your adjusted gross income for 2012 was $57,000 or less, you are eligible for free tax preparation and e-filing of your federal taxes. This may be adjusted yearly, but the information is available on the IRS website using the link above.
This services is available through a partnership between the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and a group of private sector tax software companies.
You can also get the forms needed in a fillable format, to mail in.
Latest posts by Susanne Robicsek, North Carolina Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- New Bankruptcy Forms: Easier, Or More Problems? - January 20, 2016
- Forget about Bankruptcy - August 29, 2013
- After Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharge: Can You Take A 401k Loan? - March 13, 2013
- What Is A No Asset Bankruptcy Case? - February 13, 2013
- Bankruptcy Basics: When is Chapter 7 A Good Option? - January 13, 2013