13 Oct Not a Merry Christmas for Retail
According to a recent article in CNNMoney, “Retail Shakeout: The Worst Is Yet to Come,” this Christmas season is likely to be anything but merry for America’s retailers. Experts warn that the credit freeze combined with slumping sales – and a likely dismal Christmas season – will force out many more retailers in 2009.
Since over 50% of many retail businesses’ sales come over the Christmas season, the worsening economy, coupled with tight consumer and commercial credit, may result in Scrooge-like income figures, with bankruptcies and layoffs expected.
Latest posts by Brett Weiss, Esq. (see all)
- Sears, Payless and the Future of Retail - March 23, 2017
- Judge Neil Gorsuch on Bankruptcy - February 24, 2017
- Filing for Bankruptcy Without a Lawyer - January 3, 2017
- Monthly Statements in Chapter 13 Cases - December 16, 2016
- Chapter 7 Can Be a Disaster Without a Good Bankruptcy Attorney - July 16, 2016