11 Sep NACBA, and Durham NC Attorney Ed Boltz, Work To Change Bankruptcy Legislation
The Senate Judiciary Committee voted to pass S. 3197, the National Guard and Reservists Debt Relief Act, which will help protect debtors who are on active military duty or performing homeland defense.
The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys legislative committee ,and NACBA Board member and Durham North Carolina Bankruptcy Attorney, Ed Boltz, helped with the legislation, and Boltz testified in front of Congress in support of the law.
The bills that will go before the House and Senate are not seen as controversial and the hope is that they will be passed this year.
by Susanne Robicsek, Charlotte NC Bankruptcy Lawyer
Latest posts by Susanne Robicsek, North Carolina Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- New Bankruptcy Forms: Easier, Or More Problems? - January 20, 2016
- Forget about Bankruptcy - August 29, 2013
- After Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharge: Can You Take A 401k Loan? - March 13, 2013
- What Is A No Asset Bankruptcy Case? - February 13, 2013
- Bankruptcy Basics: When is Chapter 7 A Good Option? - January 13, 2013