03 Mar If I Win The Lottery I Won’t Have to File Bankruptcy!
DAVID SCHOETZ writes about winning the lotto in yesterday’s ABC news article At $275M, Lotto Jackpot Overflows.
We all dream of winning the lottery someday, but the reality is that very few people actually win. In fact Mr. Schoetz relates that any given person’s odds of winning that jackpot are one in 75,000,000. As it turns out, no one won the that $275,000,000 jackpot, and it has increased to $340,000,000. You might tell yourself that winning the lottery would solve all your problems, but the fact that not one person won, tells you that it is hugely unlikely you will win.
What’s the moral of this story? Don’t kid yourself. If you are deep enough in debt that you have to sacrifice the necessities of life just to pay the minimums on the balances that you owe, you can’t put off visiting with a local bankruptcy attorney to see what your options are. The lure of winning the lottery is not real enough to put off taking care of the debts which are making you obsess over the slim possibility of winning the lottery.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- What To Do If You Are a Creditor In a Bankruptcy? - March 24, 2015
- Your House Is In Foreclosure: What Should You Do? Part Two - April 4, 2014
- Your House is in Foreclosure: What Should You Do? - February 3, 2014
- Why Is My Bankruptcy Taking So Long? - December 3, 2013