26 Jan Lakelaw wins grant from WHEDA to Help Homeowners Save their Homes in Wisconsin
Lakelaw is proud to announce that it is the only law firm in the State of Wisconsin to receive funding from the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Administration to fight foreclosures. Working side by side with the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee, Lakelaw will be working with homeowners all over Southeast Wisconsin to help them save their homes. Under the WHEDA program, the primary focus is to help homeowners obtain mortgage modification agreements and to avoid litigation. However, we will certainly help homeowners identify any defenses they have to mortgage foreclosure and refer them to appropriate resources in order to help them protect their legal rights.
In addition, David Leibowitz of Lakelaw and Catey Doyle of the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee will be organizing training sessions throughout the State of Wisconsin, to be held in Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Janesville and Milwaukee in order togive attorneys throughout Wisconsin the tools they need to help their clients save their homes.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1: An Unlikely New Weapon Against Debtors - January 9, 2017
- Court Says Chapter 7 Debtor May Not Have Two Cases Pending at Same Time - December 12, 2016
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- Unsettled Question: Another Court Rules That Bankruptcy Client Worksheets Are Privileged - February 6, 2016
- Chapter 13 Debtor’s Lawsuit Tossed Out for Failure to List It in Bankruptcy Documents - January 31, 2016