18 Apr Jones v. Wells Fargo Scheduled For Oral Argument
United States District Judge, Helen G. Berrigan, has scheduled oral argument of the appeal by Wells Fargo Bank in the Jones v. Wells Fargo case. Argument is set for June 25, 2008 at 9:30 a.m. in Section “C” of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana in New Orleans.
The Appeal entitled: “Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., f/k/a Wells Fargo Home v. Michael L. Jones”, No. 07-3599 is an appeal from the Eastern District of Louisiana Bankruptcy Court decision issued last year by Judge Elizabeth W. Magner sanctioning Wells Fargo for damages sustained by Jones due to the accounting practices of Wells Fargo. The decision further set forth accounting procedures to be followed by Wells Fargo in all Chapter 13 cases filed in the Eastern District of Louisiana, which procedures are summarized in another article appearing on this site.
The appeal by Wells Fargo sets forth fifteen allegations of error which can be viewed in their entirety in the attached pdf file so you can consider for yourself the merits of this appeal. Wells Fargo Specification of Errors.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013