14 Aug Is it too late to fight my foreclosure?
I am occasionally contacted by homeowners to fight their foreclosure AFTER they have received a Summary Final Judgment of Foreclosure. Their sale date is already set, but theyâ€™ve seen my commercial or other advertisement and realize something could have been done.
Well, those people can still stop the foreclosure sale date by filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy or even seek an order from the state court judge that would stop the sale date and set aside the Summary Final Judgment of Foreclosure.
Fighting the foreclosure in state court after the entry of the judgment is obviously much more difficult and expensive and much less effective than involving a foreclosure defense attorney earlier on in the case, but if this is you, donâ€™t give up yet. Immediately call a lawyer practicing foreclosure defense â€“ it might not be too late.
Latest posts by Chip Parker, Esq. (see all)
- Can I Lower My Car Payment in Bankruptcy? - April 15, 2017
- How Will Bankruptcy Affect My Credit? - March 28, 2017
- Will the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act be extended? - January 18, 2017
- How will my bankruptcy affect my spouse’s credit? - February 15, 2016
- Bankruptcy is an excellent retirement strategy - January 15, 2016