08 Apr Immediate Benefit of Filing Bankruptcy!
The most immediate benefit of filing bankruptcy is the automatic stay. The automatic stay provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code provides almost instantaneous relief from most creditor actions including halting repossessions, foreclosures, garnishments, utility disconnections, and, in many cases eviction. In a nutshell, the debtor is given an opportunity to take a deep breath and sort things out.
A second benefit of the filing for bankruptcy relief is the discharge. The goal of any bankruptcy case is for the debtor to obtain a discharge of all unsecured debts. When a debtor knows that he or she will receive a discharge of most, if not all, unsecured debts, the stress level in that persons life goes down quite a few points.
Latest posts by Carmen Dellutri, Esq. (see all)
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy And Home Owners Associations - December 2, 2013
- 5 Reasons Every Small Business Owner Needs To Consult With A Bankruptcy Attorney - October 28, 2013
- Spouses Do Not Need To File Bankruptcy Together - August 28, 2013
- Is Your Homestead Exemption Bulletproof under 11 USC 522(o)? - July 31, 2013
- Can My Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Be Dismissed? - June 28, 2013