31 Oct If I don't pay my debt, can I go to jail in Texas?
NO! Despite what a bill collector may tell you. You will not be arrested or placed in jail for non-payment of a debt. If a debt collector tells you that you can be, contact a lawyer immediately as that bill collector has violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013