30 Mar How to Stop Credit Card Junk Mail Offers
Are you as sick as I am receiving numerous credit card offers everyday in the mail? I used to mail back the prepaid envelope to the credit card company just to cost them the postage on the envelope – until they started using barcodes on the envelopes and I was afraid they would track it back to me. But I have discovered another way to reduce the amount of credit card offers I receive. I opted out! You can also opt out if you go to www.optoutprescreen.com
Opting out is the process for removing your name from lists supplied by the credit reporting agencies to companies to offer you preapproved/prescreened offers of credit or insurance. You have the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to opt out for five years or permanently.
The website will ask you for your name, address, social security number, and date of birth. While this won’t make all the credit card offers disappear, you should notice a significant decrease in the number of credit card offers you are receiving.
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013