26 Sep How Many Mortgages Are Being Rewritten?
Over the past year I asked several creditor attorneys to provide me with their loss mitigation procedures in an effort to rewrite mortgage loans. Not one said they could do that. There is a lot of news these days that mortgage lenders are helping homeowners stave off foreclosure or bankruptcy by rewriting adjustable rate mortgages into lower interest fixed rate loans. I am not seeing evidence of that phenomenon.
I have been keeping a list of all the mortgages that my clients have reworked this year. Here is what I have so far.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- Social Security Income: Invisible Money Bankruptcy Cannot Touch. - December 19, 2016
- What can and cannot be included on a credit report? - December 21, 2015
- Use Exemptions to Protect Your Property in Bankruptcy - January 20, 2014
- A profile of the typical person who files bankruptcy - January 13, 2014
- Amended Bankruptcy Rule 1007 changes Form 23 debtor education filing requirement. - January 7, 2014