02 Apr How Can I Get Information About My Mortgage Loan Account?
If you have a dispute with your mortgage holder, or the mortgage servicer of your account, you can send a Qualified Written Request letter seeking answers to your questions, says foreclosure defense attorney Andy Miofsky. The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act requires your lender acknowledge receipt of your letter within 20 days. The lender has 60 days total to resolve your dispute or provide you a written explanation of its position. If you want to contact your lender, you can find a sample RESPA qualified written request letter [click on link] on the US Government HUD website.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- How do I get the title to my car? - November 20, 2019
- Why does the IRS file liens? And what you can do about one. - September 21, 2018
- Social Security Income: Invisible Money Bankruptcy Cannot Touch. - December 19, 2016
- What can and cannot be included on a credit report? - December 21, 2015
- Use Exemptions to Protect Your Property in Bankruptcy - January 20, 2014