17 Jul Foreclosures notices are on the rise in Jacksonville, Florida
As a foreclosure defense attorney headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, I was not surprised to learn that foreclosure notices in Jacksonville jumped 36% from May to June. When asked by the local media why this was occurring, I very eloquently said, â€œI dunno.â€
The spike didnâ€™t surprise me because our phones in Jacksonville and Daytona Beach have been ringing off the hook for months now, and each week seems busier than the previous. However, I honestly have had my head down, working to save my clientsâ€™ homes, and I have no explanation for the June jump. Hopefully, it is an anomaly and not a trend.
Generally speaking, there are so many foreclosures because the mortgage industry DOES NOT want to modify troubled mortgages. But why the dramatic increase in June? After all, that is the month that foreclosure filing fees skyrocketed. If anything, there should have been a spike in May, the last month before the increase.
I know the mortgage industry reads this site, maybe one of you can tell me whatâ€™s going on.
Latest posts by Chip Parker, Esq. (see all)
- Can I Lower My Car Payment in Bankruptcy? - April 15, 2017
- How Will Bankruptcy Affect My Credit? - March 28, 2017
- Will the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act be extended? - January 18, 2017
- How will my bankruptcy affect my spouse’s credit? - February 15, 2016
- Bankruptcy is an excellent retirement strategy - January 15, 2016