11 Aug Foreclosure Defense Checklist
Here’s a list to stop a foreclosure. Much depends on your particular state’s law, of course. It’s an incomplete work in progress, because new theories are being developed and tested every day. So much is being newly argued that the courts are not uniform on their rulings, whether for liability or for remedies.
1. Was the Annual Percentage Rate in the Truth In Lending disclosureproperly calculated?
10. Was there fraud, perhaps from reckless use of an inflated appraisal, or tampering with a mortgage application, or falsely promising that the mortgage would be refinanced again?
Latest posts by L. Jed Berliner, Western & Central Massachusetts Consumer Lawyer (see all)
- Attorney-Client Privilege, Work Product, in Bankruptcy - July 27, 2013
- Massachusetts Homesteads Cannot Be Attached - May 27, 2013
- Trustee Sells Home If Defective Mortgage - March 27, 2013
- Unlisted Debts Are Not Discharged in First Circuit - February 27, 2013
- Helpful Bankruptcy Videos - January 27, 2013