12 Mar Foreclosure Assistance Solutions, LLC
I have posted about loss mitigation as a way to avoid foreclosure and the problems you might run into when hiring a company to help you with the process. Here’s an example.
Foreclosure Assistance Solution’s website is one of many which come up when Googling “foreclosure assistance,” and it appears to present “real” testimonals from satisfied customers. I cannot know the truth, of course, because only initials are given without contact information – and this is appropriate to protect privacy.
A bit more investigation will bring you to a website with a “net” extension instead of the company’s “com” extension, which I am told was created by a victim of this company. Here we see quite a few scathing remarks, although it presents one favorable letter by a current employee(with comments from the editor) along with an unfavorable letter by a former employee. The moving banner across the top of the site says that the company is under investigation by the Florida Attorney General – which is true.
Buyer beware, indeed.
(All links are as of the date of posting.)
Latest posts by L. Jed Berliner, Western & Central Massachusetts Consumer Lawyer (see all)
- Attorney-Client Privilege, Work Product, in Bankruptcy - July 27, 2013
- Massachusetts Homesteads Cannot Be Attached - May 27, 2013
- Trustee Sells Home If Defective Mortgage - March 27, 2013
- Unlisted Debts Are Not Discharged in First Circuit - February 27, 2013
- Helpful Bankruptcy Videos - January 27, 2013