17 Nov Foreclosure and Crime
A recent story by First Coast News (Channel 12) in Jacksonville, Florida, notes a disturbing trend: as the foreclosure rate goes up, so does crime.
The article quotes Michael Figgins, with Jacksonville Legal Aid, as saying, “We are seeing it in the community if you track where the foreclosures are happening it’s the same places that see large amounts of crime. It’s a factor and a factor that certainly needs to be addressed.”
Jacksonville ranks 33rd out of all cities in the country in foreclosures. Florida ranks third behind California and Ohio.
Latest posts by Brett Weiss, Esq. (see all)
- Student Loans and the Elderly: How to Stop Student Loan Collectors and Social Security Garnishment - October 15, 2017
- Sears, Payless and the Future of Retail - March 23, 2017
- Judge Neil Gorsuch on Bankruptcy - February 24, 2017
- Filing for Bankruptcy Without a Lawyer - January 3, 2017
- Monthly Statements in Chapter 13 Cases - December 16, 2016