31 Aug Fannie Mae Attorneys in Puerto Rico
The Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) is a corporation organized to make loans and loan guarantees. It is a government backed entity charged with boosting mortgage lending and is best known by the nickname Fannie Mae. To understand the interaction between FNMA and the government, see the wiki discussion about government sponsored enterprises.
Persons with a Fannie Mae backed mortgage loan facing bankruptcy or foreclosure will have their case assigned to attorneys chosen from an officially approved list. In Puerto Rico, those attorneys are members of the Martinez & Torres Law Offices, PSC of San Juan.
If you are in bankruptcy, unless you filed pro se, your attorney will communicate with the Fannie Mae representative on your behalf. On the other hand, most foreclosure defendants do not hire attorneys and unsuccessfully try to represent themselves. If you have a FNMA loan in Puerto Rico the Fannie Mae attorney is Jorge Martinez.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- Why does the IRS file liens? And what you can do about one. - September 21, 2018
- Social Security Income: Invisible Money Bankruptcy Cannot Touch. - December 19, 2016
- What can and cannot be included on a credit report? - December 21, 2015
- Use Exemptions to Protect Your Property in Bankruptcy - January 20, 2014
- A profile of the typical person who files bankruptcy - January 13, 2014