01 Dec Debt settlement company advertises you have a "Right" to settle your credit card debts. WRONG!
While decorating my Christmas tree yesterday, I was listening to the radio. One of the commercials was for a debt settlement company advertising that credit card companies don’t want consumers to know they have a “right” to settle their credit card debts. My ears perked up and my mouth dropped open. Did I hear the commercial correctly? Did they say “right”? As the word “right” kept playing in my head, I became angry. This debt settlement company is clearly misrepresenting its’ services. While many credit card companies or bill collectors often will agree to settle a debt, they are not required to do so. Nor am I aware of any law which requires a creditor to settle a debt with a consumer. Be wary of any offers that sound too good to be true.
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013