27 Jul Cash For Clunkers: The Real Deal
Lately you can’t turn on your TV or radio without hearing new car dealers ads for the federal government’s “cash for clunkers” program, officially re-named “Car Allowance Rebate System,” or CARS, an effort to stimulate new car sales while getting a few old gas guzzlers off the roads. But don’t get scammed; there are some limits to the program, and there are some situations that the program is not your best bet–for example, if your old car is worth more than $4500. Check out this summary of the cash for clunkers program or the official government CARS web site before you decide to take on a new car loan. Or call the government hotline at (866) CAR-7891.
Latest posts by Dana Wilkinson, Attorney at Law (see all)
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- What To Do If You Are a Creditor In a Bankruptcy? - March 24, 2015
- Your House Is In Foreclosure: What Should You Do? Part Two - April 4, 2014
- Your House is in Foreclosure: What Should You Do? - February 3, 2014
- Why Is My Bankruptcy Taking So Long? - December 3, 2013