06 Jul Card Issuers are Crazy
I saw a new client today who owes twice as much in credit card debt as she makes in a year. She has 5 cards with $10-$15,000 balances each. She told me about a phone conversation she had with Citibank in the month before she came to see me.
The card issuer’s representative looked at her $15,000 balance and said: “You must be doing well. We’ll lower your interest rate to 5.59% for all the new charges you make in the next six months. We don’t want you to go to another card.”
Apparently, ability to pay the money back never entered the creditor’s equation. Go figure….
Cathy Moran, Esq.
Latest posts by Cathy Moran, Esq. (see all)
- Can You Afford The Cost Of Waiting? - November 10, 2013
- Lost IQ: The True Cost Of Just Paying The Credit Card Minimum - October 10, 2013
- Getting Rid Of Tax Liens After Bankruptcy - September 10, 2013
- Why The Information You Give Your Bankruptcy Lawyer Has A Sell-By Date - August 27, 2013
- Super Heroes Fight Debt - August 10, 2013