15 Oct Can a Debt Collector Take My Home in Texas?
NO!!! While some collectors will threaten to foreclose on your homestead, they cannot do so in Texas. (If you own rental property, they can.) Under Texas law, a homestead cannot be taken to pay a debt except for debts taken for the purchase of your home, for home improvements, for home equity loans or to pay certain taxes.
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013