19 Oct Can a Debt Collector Get a Copy of My Credit Report?
Posted at 21:01h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
The answer is yes. Under the federal Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA), a credit bureau may furnish a credit report on a consumer in connection with the collection of a debt.
The following two tabs change content below.
Jay S. Fleischman is a bankruptcy lawyer with offices in Los Angeles and New York. He can often be found on Google+ and Twitter, where he shares information about consumer protection issues and personal finance.
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013