16 Apr Bankruptcy Filing Fees Increase as of June 1
The Judicial Conference has approved a fee increase effective June 1, 2014.
The fees for filing a chapter 7 case will increase from $306.00 to $335.00.
The fees for filing a chapter 13 case will increase from $281.00 to $310.00
This is a $29.00 increase in the filing fees.
The fees for filing an adversary proceeding will increase to $350.00 (Debtors are not charged filing fees for adversary proceedings).
Chapter 11 filing fees will increase to $1,717.00.
It gets more and more expensive for folks to achieve any relief from their debts.
Adrian Lapas, Esq.
Latest posts by Adrian Lapas, Esq. (see all)
- Valuing Assets in Bankruptcy–A Cautionary Tale (In re: Worley, 4th Circuit) - February 28, 2017
- Eastern District of North Carolina Issues Order in Wake of Hurricane Matthew - October 14, 2016
- Timing in Bankruptcy Cases - April 21, 2016
- Debt Settlement–Yet Again? - February 26, 2016
- New Forms for Bankruptcy Cases - December 31, 2015