19 Dec Bankruptcy Appeal Time Extension Proposed
Litigants will have more time to appeal bankruptcy court rulings under a proposed change in Bankruptcy Rule 8002. Time for filing a notice of appeal would be extended from 10 days to 14 days.
The Advisory Committee on Bankruptcy Rules also seeks public comment on whether the appeal deadline should be extended to 30 days to make it consistent with the general civil case appeal deadline.
Comments on both issues may be sent by e-mail by February 15, 2008, to
Latest posts by Jill Michaux (see all)
- Last Day to Comment on New Chapter 13 Plan, Petition, Schedules, Means Test, Bankruptcy Rules Changes - February 17, 2014
- Does Chapter 13 Mean Paying All Creditors Back? It Could Be Zero to Unsecured Claims - June 18, 2013
- Random Bankruptcy Audits Stopped - April 24, 2013
- What’s Baseball Got to Do with Bankruptcy? - March 31, 2013
- Bankruptcy Code Dollar Figures Raised 6.3% for Inflation - February 21, 2013