16 Nov Bank refuses to break $100 bill into smaller bills!
Unless you are a customer of the bank, Houston bank First Bank in Houston refuses to break a $100.00 bill into smaller bills. My son experienced this recently when he needed to pay someone in exact cash and only had a $100.00 bill.
What are banks thinking? I could understand if it was a check, but U.S. currency?!!! Maybe I need to file a complaint with the banking commission. Banks are really pushing the limits these days. Are banks going to start charging to break currency into smaller currency? I suppose this is a real possibility since they charge people to take change. If banks keep adding fees, they may well find themselves without any customers. Just my two cents!
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013