08 Sep Will my Chapter 13 Case be Dismissed if my Spouse Files for Divorce
What happens to your confirmed Chapter 13 plan if your spouse decides to file for divorce? Will the divorce filing trigger an automatic dismissal? Do you have to report this change to the court? Is it possible to change your plan payment to reflect your new financial reality?
In this video, Jonathan Ginsberg explains that while divorce may complicate your Chapter 13 plan, there is no reason why you cannot remain in bankruptcy with a modified plan, and end up with a discharge.
Jonathan Ginsberg, Esq.
Latest posts by Jonathan Ginsberg, Esq. (see all)
- Why I Prefer Chapter 7 Bankruptcy to Chapter 13 Debt Consolidation - May 19, 2017
- Mistakes to Avoid: How to Recognize When and Where You are Exposed Financially - March 7, 2017
- Are You Exposed? - February 6, 2017
- Is Your Car Loan Underwater – What Are Your Options? - January 6, 2017
- Your Chapter 13 Is Filed, You Still Have Work To Do - December 6, 2016