30 Apr Why Haven't You Gotten Your Free Credit Report?
You have a right to get a free credit report once a year from each of the three credit reporting agencies. Why haven’t you done it yet?
According to the 2009 Consumer Financial Literacy Survey was released in Washington, DC on Tuesday by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), only one-third of those adults surveyed had ordered a copy of their credit report in the last year.
Obtaining a credit report is free and easy. There are three ways you can request your free credit report:
1. Online. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com
2. By phone. Call 1/877/322-8228 to ask for your credit reports.
3. By Mail. Mail a request form to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
PO Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Latest posts by Peter Orville, Binghamton Bankruptcy Lawyer (see all)
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Court â€“ What Goes On? - January 26, 2014
- Should I File a Chapter 12 Farm Bankruptcy? - September 26, 2013
- Trouble Getting a Mortgage Modification? Get Your Bankruptcy Court to Help! - April 26, 2013
- Filing Bankruptcy? Beware of the Unexpected. - March 27, 2013
- In Bankruptcy it Matters if Your House is Not Your Residence When You File - January 30, 2013