01 May Where is the bankruptcy court in Topeka, Kansas?
The bankruptcy court in Topeka, Kansas, is located in the Frank Carlson Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse at 444 SE Quincy, Topeka KS 66683. Two bankruptcy courtrooms are located on the second floor in Rooms 210 and 220. The office of the clerk of the court is located in Room 240.
Nonattorneys are not allowed to bring cell phones, computers or electronic devices into the courthouse. Persons entering the courthouse must show a government issued photo ID and go through security screening including a metal detector.
Parking is available next door to the courthouse in the Townsite Parking garage with an entrance on 5th Street between Kansas Avenue and Quincy Street. The parking fee is 70 cents per hour. Parking on streets surrounding the courthouse is difficult to find. Time limits are aggressively enforced by the city. Tickets are $8. Putting more money in the meter or moving the car are not successful ways to avoid a ticket. Do yourself a favor and park in the garage.
More information can be viewed at the bankruptcy court’s website: www.ksb.uscourts.gov.
Latest posts by Jill Michaux (see all)
- Last Day to Comment on New Chapter 13 Plan, Petition, Schedules, Means Test, Bankruptcy Rules Changes - February 17, 2014
- Does Chapter 13 Mean Paying All Creditors Back? It Could Be Zero to Unsecured Claims - June 18, 2013
- Random Bankruptcy Audits Stopped - April 24, 2013
- What’s Baseball Got to Do with Bankruptcy? - March 31, 2013
- Bankruptcy Code Dollar Figures Raised 6.3% for Inflation - February 21, 2013