19 Oct Where Is the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division?
The Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division, is located at 515 Rusk in downtown Houston. The courthouse is near City Hall and Bayou Place. Because parking is underground, it is important to remember where you come up at street level. Also, pay attention to what color the floor is that you parked on. The parking garage can be quite confusing – especially since it is so large. Once you are street level, you will see the courthouse – it is the building with the “funny” small windows.
To speed your time in line to get through security, you may want to have your drivers license or a govenment issued picture id ready to show the U.S. Marshall. Also, be prepared to take any items with metal that you may have on -off (such as belts, shoes, money clips, barrettes, etc.). You will place them in the tray to go through security.
Also, no camera phones are allowed inside the court house. If you bring it in, you will need to check it with the U.S. Marshall at the security counter. It should go without saying, no guns are allowed.
Map to 515 Rusk Street, Houston, TX 77002:
View Larger Map
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- New Judge for Southern District of Texas – David R. Jones - August 19, 2011
- Limited Emergency Efforts to Save Homes Continue - June 30, 2011
- Why Run Your Company Into The Ground? - June 6, 2011
- New U.S. Trustee for Texas – Region 7 - October 2, 2010
- Is Chapter 13 An Option For A Small Corporation Or A Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)? - September 29, 2010