26 Jul Options To Dismissal For Failed Chapter 13 Part 4
Suspension of Plan payments during a Chapter 13 Plan was discussed in Part 3 as a way to address the situation where Plan payments cannot be made.
A variation on suspension of Plan payments is to extend the length of the Chapter 13 Plan in order to lower the monthly payments.
As with the Suspension of Plan payments, extending the Plan to lower the monthly payments requires that the Plan is less than a 60 month Plan.
Also, as with a suspension of Plan payments, the Court must approve this modification.
An experienced bankruptcy attorney to review your options if you cannot make you Plan payments.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013