19 Jul What to Bring to an Initial Bankruptcy Consultation
Many times, it is possible for a bankruptcy attorney to tentatively diagnose your financial problems and outline solutions without detailed documentation. However, the following documents may be helpful during an initial bankruptcy consultation:
1. A recent pay slip for you and your spouse (if you are married).
2. If you own an interest in a business, any financial statements — such as income statements and balance sheets — that you have available.
3. Any documents related to real estate or pending or potential lawsuits or foreclosures.
4. A simple list of your debts.
Nicholas Ortiz, Boston Bankruptcy Attorney
Latest posts by Nicholas Ortiz, Boston Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Bankruptcy and Arrest Warrants - August 23, 2013
- Massachusetts Mortgage 150-Day Right to Cure and Bankruptcy - July 23, 2013
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Gains Attention of U.S. Trustee - June 23, 2013
- What is a Prepackaged Chapter 11 Bankruptcy? - May 23, 2013
- Marital Adjustment Allowed to Set Commitment Period - April 25, 2013