22 Apr What is the Appropriate Price for Preparing and Filing a Bankruptcy?
It depends on the service you are going to get from the attorney filing your bankruptcy.
All bankruptcy lawyers and their bankruptcy law firms will provide the same critical documents to complete a successful bankruptcy.
However, not all bankruptcy attorneys will have the training and knowledge to handle complexities within your case and not all bankruptcy lawyers will provide the same level of service, communication, and help when you need information or questions answered.
If you want personalized service and you want the bankruptcy lawyer to handle many of the little tasks in your bankruptcy, such as pulling your credit report or finding public records related to your case you will have to pay more for the time the attorney or his staff spends on these matters.
Most attorneys charge a flat fee for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case and I always recommend you meet with as many bankruptcy attorneys as you need to in order to find a bankruptcy attorney you feel comfortable using.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1: An Unlikely New Weapon Against Debtors - January 9, 2017
- Court Says Chapter 7 Debtor May Not Have Two Cases Pending at Same Time - December 12, 2016
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- Unsettled Question: Another Court Rules That Bankruptcy Client Worksheets Are Privileged - February 6, 2016
- Chapter 13 Debtor’s Lawsuit Tossed Out for Failure to List It in Bankruptcy Documents - January 31, 2016