What If I Can’t Speak English at My Bankruptcy Hearing?

27 Sep What If I Can’t Speak English at My Bankruptcy Hearing?

Interpreters are available in 196 languages for debtors at the meeting of creditors in bankruptcy cases. The U.S. Trustee is providing the interpreter services free of charge by telephone to assist debtors with who do not understand or speak English.

If you want to use an interpreter at the meeting of creditors, also called 341 hearing, you should contact your attorney who will arrange with the trustee assigned to your case or the local office of the U.S. Trustee to make arrangements. The service is available in 250 meeting room locations across the country. Making arrangements in advance is requested.

The information sheet by the U.S. Trustee that debtors are asked to read is available in other languages:

Bankruptcy Information Sheet









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The following two tabs change content below.
Jill Michaux has helped Kansas consumers with debt problems for three decades. She and her partner, Mark Neis, are Topeka's only bankruptcy specialists, board certified in consumer bankruptcy law by the American Board of Certification. She help start the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.