10 Oct What Do I Need To Bring With Me To My 341 Meeting Of Creditors?
There are two things that you must have with you when you go to the 341 creditor’s meeting: The first is a state issued photo identification card. For many people, this is going to be your driver’s license.
You must also bring your social security card if your state identification card does not contain your social security number.
If you do not have these documents with you the trustee cannot go forward with the creditor’s meeting since the trustee must confirm that you are who you say you are.
If for some reason you do not have a social security card, I have seen trustee’s permit the use of a payroll check stub that contained the social security number and have also seen the use of a credit report that contained the social security number.
Take the time to locate these documents before you arrive at the location for your creditor’s meeting. I have seen people on many occasions anxiously looking through a purse or wallet for a social security card that they just know they have, only to find out that they don’t have it, or that they are too nervous to find.
Powered by ScribeFire.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013