02 Mar Support bankruptcy reform by calling Congress through NACBA’s toll free number
The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys has created an easy-to-use toll free number that any person in the United States can use to contact their congressional representative in support of the pending bankruptcy reform legislation.
The vote on bankruptcy reform is TUESDAY, MARCH 3rd, and the banking industry is fiercely opposing it! Remind Congress that it represents you, not the banks.
The toll free number will automatically route the caller to the correct congressional representative. The number is: 877-354-4958.
The message to send Congress is clear:
- I support the bankruptcy reform bill contained in H.R. 1106. It is the difference between me saving and losing my home.
- I want the same right to restructure my secured debt in Chapter 13 bankruptcy that corporations have had in Chapter 11 for decades.
- All other provisions in the housing rescue plan require the VOLUNTARY cooperation of mortgage companies and their investors.
- Bankruptcy reform is the only provision in this plan that can guarantee the end to the foreclosure crisis.
- For once, put control in the hands of the middle class.
Latest posts by Chip Parker, Esq. (see all)
- Can I Lower My Car Payment in Bankruptcy? - April 15, 2017
- How Will Bankruptcy Affect My Credit? - March 28, 2017
- Will the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act be extended? - January 18, 2017
- How will my bankruptcy affect my spouse’s credit? - February 15, 2016
- Bankruptcy is an excellent retirement strategy - January 15, 2016