09 Jun Summer Lunch and Learn Series For Bankruptcy Lawyers
If you’re a bankruptcy lawyer, would you like to master the essential skills every bankruptcy attorney must have … all by Labor Day?
Most outsiders think the practice of consumer bankruptcy law is nothing more than filling in a bunch of forms and collecting a fee from a client. But now that youâ€™ve been doing it for a little while you realize just how off the mark that is.
I think the practice of consumer bankruptcy law is among the most difficult practice areas in terms of the amount of liability heaped on the debtorâ€™s attorney, who is usually working under time and economic pressures. One slip and youâ€™re staring at bar complaints, loss of standing with the court, and possible sanctions against you.
Beginning on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 I will be teaching through my educational program, Bankruptcy Mastery, a weekly Summer Lunch And Learn series focusing on ten essential skills that every consumer bankruptcy practitioner must have in order to successfully represent consumer debtors.
Each session will be done by teleconference line, will run about an hour (some slightly less, some a touch longer) and will be accompanied by real-world forms and easy-to-use practical resources to help you.
Each week on Tuesday at 1:00pm Pacific Time we will tackle one of the following topics until weâ€™ve covered all of them:
- Defending motions for relief from stay
- How to strip a lien
- Analyzing tax issues in bankruptcy
- Geting hardship discharges in Chapter 13
- Objecting to claims
- How bankruptcy impacts a debtorâ€™s business
- Avoiding liens impairing exemptions
- Avoiding automatic dismissals
- Reaffirmations â€“ what to look out for, what to avoid, and how to handle them properly
- Dealing with stay violations
There’s an Early Bird discount if you sign up byFriday, June 17, 2011 at 5:00pm Pacific Time. So if you’re a lawyer who’s looking to increase your base of knowledge, click here.
Cathy Moran, Esq.
Latest posts by Cathy Moran, Esq. (see all)
- Can You Afford The Cost Of Waiting? - November 10, 2013
- Lost IQ: The True Cost Of Just Paying The Credit Card Minimum - October 10, 2013
- Getting Rid Of Tax Liens After Bankruptcy - September 10, 2013
- Why The Information You Give Your Bankruptcy Lawyer Has A Sell-By Date - August 27, 2013
- Super Heroes Fight Debt - August 10, 2013