28 May Sneak Peak: NACBA Workshop at Colorado Springs Broadmoor October 28-29, 2011
Planning is underway for the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) members only workshop on October 28 and 29, 2011, at the historical Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO, at the base of Pikes Peak.
The meeting in Colorado Springs will be the fifth NACBA workshop following prior meetings in San Juan, Tucson, Hilton Head and Las Vegas. The fall workshops feature in-depth sessions on bankruptcy law issues for NACBA members all of whom primarily represent consumer debtors.
The two-day educational program will feature sessions on case law and rules update, ethical responses to U.S. Supreme Court mandates, courses designed for new practitioners and paralegals and staff members of NACBA members, a more advanced track on standing, mortgage servicing, claims, adversary proceedings and contested matters, tax law and debt, fee applications, and a track on the business of practicing law and marketing. The program brochure will be released soon.
There are plenty of extracurricular activities in the Colorado Springs region. The Broadmoor has three golf courses, tennis courts, fitness center and a spa at the 3000-acre resort. Nearby is fly-fishing, horseback riding, rock climbing, ballooning, hiking, rafting and sightseeing.
The top 10 activities in Colorado Springs region:
- Pikes Peak and the Pikes Peak Cog Railway
- Garden of the Gods
- Climb the stairs at Seven Falls
- Air Force Academy Chapel
- “Gold Rush” days, rafting and casinos at Cripple Creek, 18 miles away
- Spelunking at Cave of the Winds
- Drive across the Royal Gorge Bridge, the world’s highest suspension bridge, or ride the train through the gorge, 45 miles away.
- See where future gold medalists train: Olympic Training Center
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Will Roger’s Shrine of the Sun
- Shop, dine, and tour local galleries in Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs.
Latest posts by Jill Michaux (see all)
- Last Day to Comment on New Chapter 13 Plan, Petition, Schedules, Means Test, Bankruptcy Rules Changes - February 17, 2014
- Does Chapter 13 Mean Paying All Creditors Back? It Could Be Zero to Unsecured Claims - June 18, 2013
- Random Bankruptcy Audits Stopped - April 24, 2013
- What’s Baseball Got to Do with Bankruptcy? - March 31, 2013
- Bankruptcy Code Dollar Figures Raised 6.3% for Inflation - February 21, 2013