30 Apr Senate Votes To Reject Mortgage Cram Down Bill!
The Senate, in a vote of 45 -51, rejected the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009.
This bill would have allowed bankruptcy court judges to help families to save their homes from foreclosure by restructuring home mortgages, known as a “cram down”.
Follow this link to see how your State’s Senator voted:
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013